How much was Mitch Hedberg worth?
|Net Worth:||$4 Million|
|Date of Birth:||February 24, 1968|
|Country:||United States of America|
Who Is Mitch Hedberg
The late, great Mitch Hedberg was a totally singular comic voice. Taking over for Steven Wright as the king of the deadpan one-liner, Hedberg took the approach to a whole new level: he had fun with language and made absurd observations that were so silly and obvious and deceptively brilliant. He was one of the greats, and he is missed.
- Mitch Hedberg was born and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- He started performing stand-up in 1989 by performing at comedy club open mics in Florida.
- He continued performing stand-up over the next decade, finally getting his big break when he performed at the Montreal Just for Laughs Festival in 1996.
- Hebderg released his first album, Strategic Grill Locations, independently in 1999. It was later re-issued by Comedy Central.
- His second and most popular album, Mitch All Together, was released in 2003.
- The posthumous Do You Believe in Gosh? was released in 2008, three years after Hedberg’s death.
- Born: February 24, 1968 Died: March 29, 2005
Mitch Hedberg, Gone Too Soon
Just as his star was continuing to rise and Mitch Hedberg was transforming from cult comedian to one of the most successful comics in the country, he was found dead of a drug overdose in a New Jersey hotel room in March of 2005. Hedberg had struggled with drug addiction for much of his life.
- Hedberg suffered from anxiety and stage fright, which led him to perform behind sunglasses and informed his constantly-shifting delivery.
- In 1999, he taped his first and only Comedy Central Presents half-hour stand-up special.
- He played small roles in the films Almost Famous and Lords of Dogtown, the latter of which was released after his death and is dedicated to the comedian.