How much is Larry the Cable Guy worth?
|Net Worth:||$100 Million
|Date of Birth:||February 17, 1963|
|Country:||United States of America|
Who Is Larry the Cable Guy
Larry the Cable Guy really became famous for his “Git ‘r done!” call. He increased his fame through the Blue Collar Comedy Tour where, like Jeff Foxworthy has also done, discovered his brand of “redneck” comedy. It’s a character that the comedian Dan Whitney plays called the “Cable Guy”.
Larry the Cable Guy has a net worth of $100 million dollars, as of 2020.
Quick Larry the Cable Guy Facts:
- Dan Whitney (Larry the Cable Guy) was born and raised in Pawnee, Nebraska.
- He started performing stand-up at comedy club amateur nights in West Palm Beach, Florida, in 1985.
- In 1991, Whitney became a regular radio caller on several popular shows across the country, where he would perform various characters over the phone.
- Throughout the ’90s, Whitney worked as a radio DJ and continued to be a popular phone performer on other shows. It was during this time that he developed his “Larry the Cable Guy” character.
- In 2000, Larry the Cable Guy joined the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, quickly becoming a hugely popular stand-up.
He released his first album in 2001. In 2005, Larry published his first book, called Git ‘R Done. In 2006, Larry starred in his first feature film: Larry the Cable Guy: Health Inspector. The film was not a success and received mostly negative reviews. In 2009, he was the guest of honor at the Comedy Central Roast of Larry the Cable Guy.
Larry the Cable Guy Discography:
- Lord, I Apologize (CD) (2001)
- A Very Larry Christmas (CD) (2004)
- Git-R-Done (DVD) (2004)
- The Right Bare Arms (2005)
- Morning Constitutions (2007)
- Christmas in Larryland (2007)
- Larry the Cable Guy’s Christmas Spectacular (DVD) (2007
- Larry the Cable Guy’s Star-Studded Christmas Extravaganza (DVD) (2008)
- Tailgate Party (CD) (2009)
Additonal Larry the Cable Guy Facts:
- Larry the Cable Guy provided the voice of “Mater” in the animated Pixar film Cars in 2006.
- His 2005 album The Right to Bare Arms debuted at number one on both the comedy and country charts, marking the first time a comedy album topped the country charts.
- The Right to Bare Arms also received a Grammy nomination for Comedy Album of the Year.
- In 2005, Larry the Cable Guy received Billboard’s Comedy Artist of the Year and Comedy Album of the Year.
- In 2006, he received Billboard’s Top Comedy Tour of the Year award.