How much is Kristen Wiig worth?
|Net Worth:||$25 Million
|Date of Birth:||August 22, 1973|
|Country:||United States of America|
Who Is Kristen Wiig
Comedian and actress practically became a household name in the 2000s thanks to her work as a cast member on Saturday Night Live. Beginning her comedy career as a member of the L.A.-based improv group The Groundlings, Wiig joined SNL in 2005 and quickly became a huge breakout comedy star of the 2000s. She’s created a host of popular characters, each combining her knack for straight-faced deadpan with a firm embrace of the silly.
Kristen Wiig has a net worth of $25 million dollars, as of 2020.
- Kristen Wiig was born in Canandaigua, New York and raised in Rochester.
- She began performing comedy in the late 1990s after moving out to Los Angeles and joining the improv comedy group The Groundlings.
- In 2005, she joined the cast of Saturday Night Live, where she stayed until 2012.
- She received an Emmy nomination in 2009 for her work on Saturday Night Live.
- In 2011, she co-wrote and starred in the comedy Bridesmaids, one of the biggest box office hits of the year. She and writing partner Annie Mumolo were nominated for an Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for their efforts.
Kristen Wiig and ‘SNL’:
Wiig joined the cast of the late-night sketch comedy Saturday Night Live in 2005 as a featured performer, but quickly was promoted to full cast member just one season later. Several of her breakout characters included Penelope, Suze Orman, Kathie Lee Gifford and the Target Lady.
In no time, Wiig became one of the most in-demand performers on the show, appearing in nearly every sketch and proving to be one of the biggest breakout stars since Will Ferrell. She left the show in 2012 at the end of the 37th season.
- In addition to performing on Saturday Night Live, Wiig has appeared in small roles in a number of films including Knocked Up, Adventureland, Walk Hard, Ghost Town and Extract. In 2009, she played a major role (a dramatic performance, no less) in the sports comedy Whip It, directed by Drew Barrymore.
- Wiig appeared in more sketches in Saturday Night Live‘s 34th season than any other cast member, appearing in 124 sketches (according to New York Magazine).
- Entertainment Weekly named Wiig one of the 25 Funniest Women in Hollywood in 2009.
- Before joining SNL, Wiig starred on Spike TV’s reality spoof The Joe Schmoe Show in 2003.