How much is Doug Harvey worth?
|Net Worth:||$3 Million|
|Date of Birth:||March 13, 1930|
|Country:||United States of America|
About Doug Harvey
Harold Douglas Harvey was an umpire in Major League Baseball, who worked in the National League from 1962 through 1992.
He was among the last major league umpires who never attended an umpiring school.
- Born: March 13, 1930
- Inducted into Hall of Fame: 2010
- Primary position: Umpire (National League)
Umpired in five World Series (1968, 1974, 1981, 1984, 1988) and six All-Star games (1963, 1964, 1971, 1977, 1982, 1992).
- Well known by fans in the 1970s and 1980s for appearing in “You Make The Call” segments on the “Game of the Week.”
- In a 1978 game, Harvey collected three scuffed baseballs and ejected the Dodgers’ Don Sutton, a future Hall of Fame pitcher, for doctoring the balls. The league decided not to penalize Sutton after he threatened to sue the NL if he was suspended.
- Retired in 1992 at age 62 because of knee problems. He worked for 31 years and 4,670 games, then third in MLB history.