How much is Plies worth?
|Net Worth:||$14 Million
|Date of Birth:||July 1, 1976|
|Country:||United States of America|
Who Is Plies
- We all know him better as Plies but his real name is Algemod Lenier Washington. He is one of America’s most popular rappers and has achieved a lot during his career. Perhaps the best way to describe Florida born Plies is as a super achiever.
- Before embarking on a music career, he was a wide receiver for the football team at the Miami University in Ohio.
- Plies dropped out of college in 1997 to start his career as a rapper with the support of his step brother. They formed Big Gates Records. The Plies success story starts from there.
- He was signed to a record company called Slip-n-Slide Records. Astonishingly, Plies released three albums between 2007 and 2008. His debut album was called The Real Testament. Two best-selling singles were released from the album and Plies began his rise to fame and fortune.
Plies has a net worth of $14 million dollars, as of 2021.
How Did Plies Get So Rich?
- There is no doubt about it, it is the phenomenal pace of Plies career that has made him rich. He is one of the few American rappers who does not appear to stop working.
- Also, Plies has embraced new ways of working with and showcasing his music. Early on in his career, he seemed to have realized that the way we access music is changing rapidly. Downloads are now more popular than actual physical sales of music and albums.
- Plies released his first mixtape back in 2010 titled You Need People Like Me. Since then he has focused on mixtapes while becoming an established performance artist. It is estimated that Plies has a net work of $14 million.
Why Is He So Famous?
- Plies together with his step brother took a more professional approach right from the start. By the time 2008 came around, he was already set to release another two album. Not bad for an artist who had just started his recording career the previous year.
- By the end of 2008, Plies had released the two albums Definition of Real and Da REAList. In 2010, Plies released yet another album called Goon Affiliated.
What Makes Him So Successful?
- Social media is an important part of the Plies success story. Since the start of his career, he has amassed a considerable number of Twitter followers. Fans love his comedic approach to life and funny take on many of the problems we come across in our lives.
- More than anything, it is Plies persona that has contributed to his success. During his career, Plies has received and been nominated for several awards. Notably, he won the Best Rap and and R& B collection at the Ozone awards back in 2007.
- The following year, 2008, he won Best Rap Album at the same awards. In 2011, he was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Rap Performance for Lose My Mind with Young-Jeezy.
- Out of all of the American rap artists, he certainly seems to be the one who works the hardest. At the same time, it has to be pointed out that he knows how to work smart. This has contributed to his success and wealth.
- Plies has shown that not all rappers come from the hood. Artists are beginning to emerge from all different social economic backgrounds.
- No longer can artists stick to a specific genre or one activity. Social media matters and can enhance your career. Plies has shown how you can have a positive influence on your fan base when you use social media in the right sort of way.
- Yes, Plies has had a few personal mishaps with the police which include possession of a concealed weapon and driving under the influence. But, as we all know, none of us are perfect and we just have to cope with life as best we can.
- Watching Plies Twitter contributions that seems to be what Plies is very much about. He dusts himself off and carries on. In the future, we are bound to hear and see more about this exciting star. He has a young family and it would appear his family is an essential part of his life.
- Many say Plies is a rapper with a difference and wants to make a difference. Looking at his career and success story, nothing could be more true than that.