How much is Jose Bautista worth?
|Net Worth:||$40 Million|
|Profession:||Professional Baseball Right Fielder|
|Date of Birth:||October 19, 1980|
About Jose Bautista
- Born: Oct. 19, 1980
- Hometown: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- Height: 6-0
- Weight: 195
- Bats: Right
- Throws: Right
- Family: Girlfriend Neisha Croyle, daughter Estela
- Primary positions: Third base, outfield
Before The Bigs:
- After growing up in the Dominican Republic, he enrolled at Chipola Junior College in Florida, and was selected im the 20th round of the 2000 draft by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- Spent parts of six seasons in the minors.
- Claimed in the Rule 5 draft by Baltimore in 2003, and opened the season in the majors, playing in 16 games with 0 homers.
- Hit 24 homers in 2005 for Altoona (Pa.) and Indianapolis in 2005.
- Was claimed or traded to four different teams in 2004 because of his Rule 5 status, and ended up back in the Pittsburgh organization. Hit a combined .205 with 0 homers in 64 games for the Orioles, Devil Rays, Royals and Pirates.
- Was back in the big leagues in 2006, when he hit 16 homers, but just .235 as a utility player.
- Hit 12 homers in 100 games in 2008 and was demoted to Triple-A and then was traded to Toronto for minor-league catcher Robinzon Diaz.
- Changing the mechanics of his swing in 2009, his stats were similar to what they were in Pittsburgh (.235, 13 homers and 40 RBI). But he hit 10 homers in the final 27 games.
- Had a major breakthrough out of nowhere in 2010, hitting a MLB-best and team-record 54 homers and driving in 124 for the Blue Jays. He was an All-Star reserve and finished fourth in MVP balloting.
- Agreed to a five-year, $64 million extension before the 2011 season.
- Set a record for All-Star votes with 7.4 million in 2011, becoming the first Toronto player to lead the voting and the first to start in the game since 2003.
This Jose Bautista Net Worth profile was originally published on the WealthyGenius.com website. Any posting of copyrighted material is expressly prohibited.