How much is Joe Pesci worth?
|Net Worth:||$50 Million
|Date of Birth:||February 9, 1943|
|Country:||United States of America|
Who Is Joe Pesci
- American character actor Joe Pesci was born in Newark, New Jersey in 1943. He is perhaps one of America’s most talented movie actors. It is, however, worth pointing out Joe Pesci has many other talents. Not only is he a much appreciated thespian, he also has an amazing singing voice. Joe Pesci has also made many television appearances including Saturday Night Live.
- Most of us probably know Joe Pesci from the movie Goodfellas where he played the brutal gangster called Tommy De Vito. His portrayal earned him the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor. Spine chilling is one way of describing his acting style in Goodfellas.
- In most of his movies, he plays rather violent and explosive characters. However, he has also shown himself to be a gifted comedy actor. In the movie, My Cousin Vinny, he showcased the softer side of his character.
- Pesci has made three studio album. His latest album Pesci … Still Singing was released in 2019. It showed he had matured, and even though he is now in his 70s, has a beautiful voice. The two other albums were called Little Joe Sure Can Sing! (1968) and Vincent La Guardia Gambini Sings Just For You (1998).
Joe Pesci has a net worth of $50 million dollars, as of 2020.
How Did Joe Pesci Get So Rich?
- Joe Pesci is estimated to be worth around $50. He is a private man, not the kind of celebrity you will catch giving an endless streams of interviews.
- His ability to pick roles suitable for his small stature has certainly contributed towards his wealth. He is the kind of actor that you will not mistake when you see him.
- Looking at his career, it easy to spot that he must have recognized the genre of the bad-ass New York Italian gangster suited him. On camera, he comes across as tough, but he can just as easily turn on the charm.
- Analyzing his career more closely, you can see Joe has only taken on the parts to which he could make a difference. Unlike other actors, he does not appear to have made any movies “ just for the sake of it”. Many actors make movies to increase their wealth without furthering their careers.
Why Is He So Famous?
- First of all, we should point out that Joe Pesci is not only famous in the United States. His portrayals of interesting characters has made him famous the world over. Many of the movies he has made are now cult classics.
- No matter what the character, he has the ability to bring it to life. He has on many occasions collaborated with Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro. Looking at Pesci’s movie career, it would be fair to say it is his ability not be afraid to play controversial parts that has made Joe Pesco famous. Many others actors are rumored to have shied when offered the parts Joe has taken on throughout his long career.
- Many of us will remember him in movie classics such as JFK starring alongside Kevin Costner. Maybe it is his talent for picking movies which are often considered controversial that has helped contribute towards Joe Pesci’s fame.
What Makes Him So Successful?
- His ability to pick the right parts for him has certainly helped to make him successful. But, Joe Pesci has acted in some very commercially profitable movies including Home Alone and Home Alone 2. We often forget he appeared in Lethal Weapon which was one of the most popular movie franchises of the 1990’s.
- Unlike other actors, Joe Pesci has not “over-worked”. Staying elusive can do wonders for an actor’s career. As a matter of fact, it is rumored Joe Pesci was asked more than 50 times to join the cast of The Irishman before finally doing so. Maybe that allowed to negotiate a better deal than the other actors in the movie.
- The Irishman was released in 2019 and shows Pesci at his finest.
- Back in 1999 Joe told the world he had made his last movie. Since than he has been tempted back several times including making a cameo appearance in the De Niro’s film The Good Shepherd. Finally he appeared for a full length movie in Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman, alongside Robert De Niro.
- Yes, he is selective and does not take on just any role. From humble beginning as a barber, he is an actor and talented entertainer who has come a long way. One way or the other, Joe Pesci will probably return to the screen. The question is – will he play a good or a bad guy? You never know what challenge Joe will take on next.