How much is Jason Sudeikis worth?
|Net Worth:||$22 Million|
|Date of Birth:||September 18, 1975|
|Country:||United States of America|
Who Is Jason Sudeikis
Jason Sudeikis doesn’t really look “funny,” but that’s part of what makes him a success. His conventional leading man good looks have made him a valuable utility player on Saturday Night Live, the show on which he has starred since 2005. Quickly becoming one of the show’s go-to everymen and breakout performers, Sudeikis’s success on Saturday Night Live has also led to a successful film career, culminating in 2011’s Horrible Bosses, which gave Sudeikis both his biggest role and his biggest success to date. His film career suggests that he’ll still be able to find success after he leaves Saturday Night Live. Not all of the show’s alum can say the same.
- Jason Sudekis as born in Fairfax, Virginia, but grew up primarily in Overland Park, Kansas.
- He started out in comedy by performing sketch and improv at ComedySportz in Kansas City before relocating to Chicago and becoming a regular performer at Second City. He eventually joined the touring company and was among the original cast members of Second City Las Vegas.
- Sudeikis was hired as a writer at Saturday Night Live in 2003, but joined the cast as a featured performer in 2005. He was promoted to full cast member in 2006.
- In 2011, he had his first breakout movie role in the summer comedy Horrible Bosses, as well as lead performances in Hall Pass and A Good Old Fashioned Orgy the same year.
Jason Sudeikis on SNL
In 2003, Sudeikis as hired as a writer for the late night sketch comedy series Saturday Night Live (during which time he also appeared on camera from time to time as an extra or bit player). In 2005, he joined the cast as a featured player (the same group of featured performers Andy Samberg, Kristen Wiig and Bill Hader), but was promoted to full cast member just one season later in 2006. Sudeikis quickly became a solid impressionist and the cast’s strongest utility player, taking a page from the Phil Hartman playbook — he’s never really been known for his collection of original characters, but still shows up in a lot of sketches. He’s the go-to everyman. Several of his memorable characters and celebrity impressions include:
- One half of The A-holes (with Kristen Wiig)
- Vice-president Joe Biden
- Presidential candidate Mitt Romney
- DJ Supersoak
- The Devil
- Glenn Beck
- Dane Cook
- Pete Twinkle, co-host of ESPN Classic (with Will Forte as his partner, Greg Stink)
- Howard Dean
- Ricky Gervais
- Half of Bon Jovi cover band Jon Bovi (with Will Forte)
- Sudeikis hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 2011.
- In addition to his breakout leading film roles in Hall Pass and Horrible Bosses, Sudeikis has played supporting roles in a number of films including The Bounty Hunter, What Happens in Vegas, The Campaign, The Rocker, Going the Distance and more.
- From 2004 to 2010, he was married to 30 Rock writer Kay Cannon.
- Sudeikis has had recurring roles on 30 Rock and Eastbound and Down and provides one of the voices on the FOX animated series The Cleveland Show.
- He continues to perform regularly at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theater in New York City.
- His uncle is actor and Cheers star George Wendt.