How much is Ian Kennedy worth?
|Net Worth:||$55 Million|
|Profession:||Professional Baseball Pitcher|
|Date of Birth:||December 19, 1984|
|Country:||United States of America|
About Ian Kennedy
- Born: Dec. 19, 1984
- Hometown: Huntington Beach, Calif.
- Height: 6-0
- Weight: 190
- Bats: Right
- Throws: Right
- Family: Wife, Allison, daughter, Nora.
- Primary position: Starting pitcher
Before The Bigs:
- Drafted out of high school in the 14th round in 2003 by St. Louis, but did not sign, opting to attend Southern Cal.
- Played for Team USA in 2004 and 2005 while a pitcher at USC.
- Named Pac-10 Pitcher of the Year in 2005. Was USC’s top starter for three seasons, going 24-12 with a 3.09 ERA.
- Drafted in the first round of the 2006 draft, No. 21 overall by the New York Yankees, signed for a $2.25 million bonus.
- Shot through the Yankees’ system, going 12-3 with a 1.91 ERA in his first full season in 2007, going from Single-A to Triple-A.
- Made his debut on Sept. 1, 2007, just a year after signing his first pro contract. He won in his first game, and had a 1.89 ERA in three September starts.
- Making the Yankees’ rotation out of spring training in 2008, he struggled and was sent back to Triple-A. He was 0-4 with an 8.17 ERA in nine starts with the Yankees.
- Suffered an aneurysm under his right armpit and had surgery in May 2009. He pitched in just four minor-league games.
- Traded to the Arizona Diamondbacks on Dec. 8, 2009 in a three-way deal that sent Max Scherzer, Austin Jackson, Phil Coke and Daniel Schlereth to Detroit and Curtis Granderson to the Yankees. Edwin Jackson was also traded to Arizona.
- Went 9-10 with a 3.80 ERA in the Arizona rotation in 2009, and had a breakout season in 2011, going 19-4 with a 2.99 ERA as of Sept. 15.
This Ian Kennedy Net Worth profile was originally published on the WealthyGenius.com website. Any posting of copyrighted material is expressly prohibited.