How much is George Brett worth?
|Net Worth:||$17 Million|
|Profession:||Professional Baseball Player|
|Date of Birth:||May 15, 1953|
|Country:||United States of America|
About George Brett
George Howard Brett is an American former professional baseball player who played 21 seasons, primarily as a third baseman, in Major League Baseball for the Kansas City Royals.
- Born: May 15, 1953 in Glen Dale, W.Va.
- Team: Kansas City Royals (1973-1993)
- Inducted into Hall of Fame: 1999
- Batted: Left
- Threw: Right
- Primary position: Third base
Elected in his first year of eligibility in 1999.
- First player in history to accumulate more than 3,000 hits, 300 home runs, 600 doubles, 100 triples, 1,500 RBI and 200 stolen bases.
- Hit .390 in 1980 with 24 homers and 118 RBI and earned AL MVP honors.
- Won three batting titles was a 12-time All-Star and had a lifetime batting average of .305.
- Won a Gold Glove and led the Royals to a World Series title in 1985.
- His 3,154 career hits are the most by any third baseman in major league history, and 15th all-time.
After Playing Career:
Has been vice president, baseball operations with the Royals since his retirement.
- He is the principal owner of the Tri-City Dust Devils, the Single-A affiliate of the Colorado Rockies and part-owner of the Spokane Chiefs junior ice hockey team.
- He also runs a baseball equipment company, Brett Bros.