How much is Fred Clarke worth?
|Net Worth:||$500 Thousand|
|Profession:||Professional Baseball Player|
|Date of Birth:||October 3, 1872|
|Country:||United States of America|
About Fred Clarke
Fred Clifford Clarke was an American Major League Baseball player from 1894 to 1915 and manager from 1897 to 1915.
- Born: Oct. 3, 1872 in Winterset, Iowa
- Died: Aug. 14, 1960
- Teams: Louisville Colonels (1894-1899), Pittsburgh Pirates (1900-1911, 1913-1915)
- Inducted into Hall of Fame: 1945
- Batted: Left
- Threw: Right
- Primary position: Left field
One of the most successful player-managers in baseball history, he had a .312 lifetime batting average, 2,703 career hits and 1,602 wins as a manager.
- Was a player-manager in 16 of his 19 seasons as manager, beginning at age 24 in 1897, and his teams finished in first place 14 times.
- In 1909, the Pirates went 110-42 and won the World Series. Clarke hit .287 with 68 RBI that season in 152 games at age 36.
- Hit a career-best .351 in 1903.
- Stole 506 bases in his career.
After serving in the Pittsburgh front office for a while, Clarke retired to his “Little Pirate Ranch” near Winfield, Kansas, which he had purchased with a down payment during his first year in the majors.