About Elena Dementieva
Elena Viacheslavovna Dementieva, a former professional tennis player from Russia, was born on October 15, 1981. Her estimated net worth is $25 million. She was ranked No. 9 until she retired in 2010.
- Date of Birth: 10/15/81
- Nation: Russia
- Height: 5’11”
- Weight: 141 lbs
- Turned Pro: 1998
- Best Singles Grand Slams: Finalist at US Open and Roland Garros in 2004.
- Plays: Right-handed, with two-handed backhand.
- Basic Style: Power baseliner.
- Greatest Strengths: Deep, powerful forehand. Solid backhand. Great speed and determination.
- Room for Improvement: Elena hits most first serves at relatively slow speeds with heavy slice, usually to the right-handed opponent’s forehand. Opponents who get used to this serve can anticipate and attack it.
In an on-court ceremony in October 2010, Dementieva declared her retirement following a defeat against Schiavone. She finished her career with a No. 9 world ranking, 16 WTA singles victories, and two appearances in Grand Slam finals.
After finishing her remarks, Dementieva stated it had been an honor to be a part of the trip. Her admiration from Zvonareva was inspiring. In an interview with Eurosport, Dementieva stated that she had made the decision to retire at the beginning of the 2010 season. Elena Dementieva’s net worth is projected to be $25 million as of 2023.