How much is Ed Barrow worth?
|Net Worth:||$2 Million|
|Profession:||Professional Baseball Manager|
|Date of Birth:||May 10, 1868|
|Country:||United States of America|
About Ed Barrow
Edward Grant Barrow was an American manager and front office executive in Major League Baseball.
- Born: May 10, 1868 in Springfield, Ill.
- Died: Dec. 15, 1953
- Teams: Detroit Tigers manager (1903-04), Boston Red Sox manager (1918-20), New York Yankees executive (1921-45).
- Inducted into Hall of Fame: 1953
As a manager, he led the 1918 Boston Red Sox to their last World Series title before 2001. He was the manager who moved Babe Ruth from pitcher to outfielder on his off-days because of his hitting prowess.
- Best known as general manager of the New York Yankees from 1921-45, when he put together a team that won 14 American League pennants and 10 World Series.
- A pioneer in the use of the farm system to build successful teams.