How much is Earl Averill worth?
|Net Worth:||$3 Million|
|Profession:||Professional Baseball Player|
|Date of Birth:||May 21, 1902|
|Country:||United States of America|
About Earl Averill
Howard Earl Averill was an American professional baseball player. He played in Major League Baseball as a center fielder from 1929 to 1941, including 11 seasons for the Cleveland Indians.
- Born: May 21, 1902
- Died: Aug. 16, 1983
- Teams: Cleveland Indians (1930-39), Detroit Tigers (1939-40), Boston Braves (1941)
- Inducted into Hall of Fame: 1975
- Batted: Left
- Threw: Right
- Family: Son Earl Jr., played in the majors from 1956-63 and hit 21 homers for the 1961 Los Angeles Angels.
- Primary position: Center field
Broke into the majors at a relatively old 27, and hit a home run in his first big-league at-bat.
- Finished with a lifetime .318 average and was a six-time AL All-Star.
- Hit .378 in 1936 and led the AL in hits with 232.
- Had 143 RBI for the 1931 Indians.