How much is Chief Bender worth?
|Net Worth:||$2 Million|
|Profession:||Professional Baseball Player|
|Date of Birth:||May 5, 1884|
|Country:||United States of America|
About Chief Bender
Charles Albert “Chief” Bender was a pitcher in Major League Baseball during the 1900s and 1910s.
- Born: May 5, 1884 in Crow Wing County, Minn.
- Died: May 22, 1954
- Teams: Philadelphia A’s (1903-14), Baltimore Terrapins (Federal League, 1915), Philadelphia Phillies (1916-17), Chicago White Sox (1925)
- Inducted into Hall of Fame: 1953
- Batted: Right
- Threw: Right
- Primary position: Pitcher
Known as “Chief” in politically incorrect times, as he was a member of the Chippewa Indian tribe and was a graduate of the Carlisle Indian School.
- Went 212-127 in 16 seasons, struck out 1,711 and had a 2.77 career ERA. Threw one of the best fastballs of his era and also mastered the slider and curveball.
- Threw a no-hitter in 1910 and won 20 or more games twice. He went 23-5 in 1910.
- Won six World Series games and three world Series titles for the A’s in 1910, 1911 and 1913.
- Was a scout, minor league manager or coach for the Athletics from 1926-1950.