How much is Cedric the Entertainer worth?
|Net Worth:||$25 Million
|Date of Birth:||April 24, 1964|
|Country:||United States of America|
Who Is Cedric the Entertainer
Comedian and actor Cedric the Entertainer has a name with a lot to live up to — he’s literally telling audiences up front that he’s going to be entertaining. It’s a name to which he’s capable of living up, however, with a huge and varied resume that spans stand-up comedy (he was part of The Original Kings of Comedy) to television to movies to hosting his own game show. Cedric has his hands in nearly every piece of show business, finding success with his straightforward honesty and, above all else, a desire to always entertain.
Cedric the Entertainer has a net worth of $25 million dollars, as of 2021.
Quick Cedric the Entertainer Facts:
- Cedric the Entertainer was born Cedric Antonio Kyles in Jefferson City, Missouri, and raised near St. Louis.
- He began performing stand-up in the early ’90s, making TV appearances on It’s Showtime at the Apollo and HBO’s Def Comedy Jam.
- Cedric hosted BET’s ComicView from 1993 to 1994.
- He joined the cast of the WB sitcom The Steve Harvey Show, which aired from 1996 to 2002.
- In the late ’90s, Cedric went on tour with Bernie Mac, D.L. Hughley and Steve Harvey as part of The Original Kings of Comedy, the biggest stand-up tour of all time. It was made into a concert film by Spike Lee in 2000.
- His first hour-long HBO stand-up special, Cedric the Entertainer: Taking You Higher, premiered in 2006.
- He was named as the new host of the syndicated edition of the long-running game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire? in 2013.
Cedric the Entertainer on Television:
After several successful stand-up appearances on TV, Cedric the Entertainer was named host of ComicView on BET for one season in 1993. Three years later, he returned to television as the best friend of Steve Harvey on the comedian’s WB sitcom The Steve Harvey Show, which aired from 1996 until 2002.
In 2002, Cedric the Entertainer was given his own sketch comedy show on FOX, Cedric the Entertainer Presents. Though it was renewed for a second season, the show was dropped by the network before it could air, meaning the show only ran for one season. In 2011, Cedric hosted the summer game show It’s Worth What? on NBC. It, too, only lasted for one season.
After a guest appearance on the TV Land sitcom Hot in Cleveland, Cedric received his own spin-off series, The Soul Man, in 2011.
In 2013, Cedric was named as the new host of the syndicated game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire?.
Select Cedric the Entertainer Filmography:
- The Original Kings of Comedy (2000)
- Barbershop (2002)
- Intolerable Cruelty (2003)
- Johnson Family Vacation (2004)
- The Honeymooners (2005)
- Code Name: The Cleaner (2007)
- Cadillac Records (2008)
- Dance Fu (2011)
- Larry Crowne (2011)
Additional Cedric the Entertainer Facts:
- Before getting his start in comedy, Cedric the Entertainer worked as an insurance claims adjuster and as a substitute teacher.
- In 1990, Cedric the Entertainer won the Miller Lite Comedy Search alongside future fellow King of Comedy Bernie Mac.
- He won the Richard Pryor Comic of the Year Award from BET in 1994.
- In 2008, he was inducted into the St. Louis Walk of Fame.
- In 2005, he was the main comedian at the annual White House Correspondents’ Dinner.
- He hosted the TV Land Awards in 2005.
- He made his directorial debut in 2011 with the movie Dance Fu, which was released straight to DVD in the United States.
- In addition to his acting work, Cedric has performed voice over work in animated films such as Charlotte’s Web, Ice Age and the popular Madagascar series.