How much is Anthony Jeselnik worth?
|Net Worth:||$3 Million|
|Date of Birth:||December 22, 1978|
|Country:||United States of America|
About Anthony Jeselnik
Anthony Jeselnik is an American actor, comedian, producer, and writer that’s best known for his dark comedy style. He worked as a writer for the popular talk show “Late Night with Jimmy Fallon” for its first season and occasionally hosted another talk show – “Comedy Central Presents” in 2009. For the past decade or so, he has hosted several series and podcasts, including “Last Comic Standing”, “The Rosenthal and Jeselnik Vanity Project”.
How Did Anthony Jeselnik Get So Rich?
Why is he so famous?
Anthony Jeselnik became famous after he began hosting the “Comedy Central Presents” show in 2009. He was born on December 22, 1978, in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He’s the son of Anthony and Stephanie Jeselnik. His ancestry and surname originate from Slovenia. Anthony was raised in the Upper St. Clair neighborhood and was interested in comedy from an early age. He attended the Upper St. Clair High School from which he graduated in 1997.
During his childhood, the aspiring comedian was a huge fan of “Saturday Night Live” and he often stayed up until midnight to watch it. Among his other favorites are “The Ben Stiller Show” and “Mr. Show”. Following his high school graduation, Jeselnik moved to Louisiana to study at the Tulane University. There, he was part of the alpha tau omega fraternity. After he received his alma meter from the institution formerly known as the “University of Louisiana” (and several internship trips) he moved to Los Angeles to pursue a career as both a comedian and writer.
What Makes Him So Successful?
Associating himself with the likes of Jimmy Fallon, Jeff Ross, Seth Meyers, Conan O’Brien, and other television stars is what makes Anthony Jeselnik and his career so successful. After his exit from Jimmy Fallon’s late-night talk show, he continued to work as a writer for numerous television series such as “Just For Laughs” and “Funny as Hell”. From 2011 to 2013, he worked as the main writer of the comedy show “Funny As Hell”. After he left that show, he focused his attention on his own television series – “The Jeselnik Offensive”.
Despite its short run, the comedian’s own show was a huge success and played an important role in his career. He then transitioned into the producing role and worked on several documentaries and television specials such as “Caligula”, “Thoughts and Prayers”, “Fire in the Maternity Ward”, and “Anthony Jeselink @ JFL”. Apart from all of these productions, he also worked as an actor in the likes of “Miss March”, “Maron”, “Garfunkel and Oates”, and “Newly Single”. Most recently, he signed a contract with Comedy Central for the creation of his own series “Good Talk with Anthony Jeselnik”.
Anthony Jeselnik is a multi-talented comedian and writer that began his career in the early 2000s. For the past twenty years, he has accumulated most of his income from his association with the network Comedy Central and with television stars such as Jimmy Kimmel. As of now, Jeselnik’s net worth exceeds $3 million and he remains one of the hottest comedians in the United States.
Anthony Jeselnik has earned a reputation as one of the meanest men in comedy. Creating an onstage persona that’s arrogant and condescending, Jeslnik’s act consists of incredibly dark comedy designed to push people’s buttons as much as make them laugh. He’s a one-liner “joke” comedian in the tradition of Steven Wright and Mitch Hedberg, meaning he doesn’t have a traditional long-form act but instead rattles off dozens of expertly-written jokes that always go someplace mean and dark (though never insulting a specific individual; that’s off-limits for Jeselnik), but never quite where you expect. It’s this talent for one-liners that has made Jeselnik the breakout star of several Comedy Central roasts, and is on display on his debut comedy album, Shakespeare, one of the best albums of 2010.
Quick Anthony Jeselnik Facts:
- Anthony Jeselnik was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- He began performing stand-up comedy in Los Angeles in 2002.
- He currently lives and performs stand-up regularly in New York City.
- He worked as a writer and recurring cast member on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon during its first season, but left the show in 2010 after just one year to pursue stand-up.
- His first 30-minute stand-up special, an episode of Comedy Central Presents, debuted in 2009.
- Jeselnik released his first stand-up album, Shakespeare, in 2010.
- He began to achieve breakout success in 2011 thanks to standout performances on Comedy Central’s Roast of Donald Trump and Roast of Charlie Sheen.
- His second album (and hourlong Comedy Central special) Caligula was released in January 2013.
- He was named one of Variety‘s “10 Comics to Watch” in 2008, alongside comics such as Aziz Ansari, Whitney Cummings, Donald Glover and T.J. Miller.
- Jeslnik dated fellow comic Amy Schumer on and off for two years before the two finally called it quits in 2011.
- He cites Rodney Dangerfield, Steven Wright and Andrew “Dice” Clay among his comedian influences.
- In 2009, he was named to Comedy Central’s “Hot List.”
- Before stand-up comedy, Jeselnik worked odd jobs including teacher’s assistant, a chef at Martha’s Vineyard and a doorman at a strip club.