How much is Andrew “Rube” Foster worth?
|Net Worth:||$5 Million|
|Profession:||Professional Baseball Player|
|Date of Birth:||September 17, 1879|
|Country:||United States of America|
About Andrew “Rube” Foster
- Born: Dept. 17, 1879 in Calvert, Texas
- Died: Dec. 9, 1930
- Teams: Chicago Union Giants (1902), Cuban X-Giants (1903), Philadelphia Giants (1904-06), Leland Giants (1907-10), Chicago American Giants (1911-26)
- Inducted into Hall of Fame: 1981
- Height: 6-0
- Weight: 200
- Batted: Right
- Threw: Right
- Family: Stepbrother was Hall of Fame pitcher Bill Foster.
- Primary position: Pitcher
- Was the major force behind the creation of the Negro National League, the first successful league for black players, and was an outstanding pitcher in his own right.
- Won 44 games in a row as a pitcher for the Cuban C-Giants in 1903.Won four of the five games in the Black World Series in 1904.
- Is credited with teaching Christy Mathewson his devestating screwball.
- Managed the Chicago Leland Giants to a 110-10 record in 1907, and won championships as manager of the Chicago American Giants in 1914, 1915 and 1917.
- Organized and ran the Negro National League from 1921 until 1926.
This Andrew “Rube” Foster Net Worth profile was originally published on the WealthyGenius.com website. Any posting of copyrighted material is expressly prohibited.